Need Anti-virus Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACIDDROPPER

Baseband Member
i dont have an anti-virus program right now but i wish to have one. i was wondering what you guys would suggest. also, why do i hear so much about how norton anti-virus sucks? thanks

norton is a good way to filter out viruses...but after they get through, norton is a b*tch to use. It all depends on what kind of virus/spyware you get. I would suggest, highjack this, Adaware, and Pest patrol

check here

http://www.wilders.org/anti_viruses.htm

NOD32 ANTIVIRUS Version 2
PANDA ANTIVIRUS PLATINUM
BITDEFENDER HOME EDITION
COMMAND ANTIVIRUS
F-SECURE ANTIVIRUS
KASPERSKY ANTIVIRUS PRO (aka AVP)
McAFEE ANTIVIRUS
AntiVirusKit
PC-CILLIN Interten Security

not in that order maybe except for NOD32

i think getting all that crap is over doing it....... itll probably do more cluttering then good

Panda is VERY good and so is the Pro Version of AVG.
The standard (free) version of AVG is also good and just about unbeatable if your on a budget....

Sophos AntiVirus is highly regarded in the business world.

ACIDDROPPER said:
i dont have an anti-virus program right now but i wish to have one. i was wondering what you guys would suggest. also, why do i hear so much about how norton anti-virus sucks? thanks

I have heard NOD32 is one of the best. It has a higher passing rate than any other virus engine concerning ITW (In the wild) viruses. I use norton myself and it has never let me down.

You can buy norton systemworks off ebay for a great price. It comes with nortons antirivus.

Or your can buy nod32 off the nod site:
www.nod32.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom