corsair XMS 2-3-2-6 512mbX2=1GB ram

Radeon 9800xt

AMD 64 3200+

and i score a 5350 on 3dmark03

??? what gives

not bad...just low

with my setup i should be well into the 7,000s

especially with an OC'd vid card and processor and low latency ram

Its the settings you have on in the video card itself. I downloaded 3dtweak for my 9800 pro and turned on a bunch of settings and turned off a bunch, and boosted my score by 1800 points. I went from like 4300 to like 6000. However I think some of them were on and off for a reason so I went ahead and reinstalled the drivers and put them all back to normal. Even though the score is low, you are getting a nice image with all the effects on. YOu could easily boost that score to like 8000 if you turned off all the hidden settings with 3dtweak.

if you use anything like rage3d tweak set them to application preference, trying to force lower settings when 3dmark wants certain ones is useless, sure you may get a high score, but that score is not indicative of what your card actually does, but reflects a bunch of tweaks that you used to get a high score.

I scored 5660 with my set-up, and i definitely agree that you should score well into the 7000s range. You may have already checked, but is your AGP setting in your BIOS set to 8X?

I've seen many with the exact same chipset yield similar 3DM2K3 results. You may want to first download the VIA 4-in-1 drivers, as their results improved significantly after updating the chipset drivers.

Be sure anisotropic filtering and anti-aliasing are turned off.

new drivers from ATI.com boosted me to 6600-6900 range

i don't know why the score changes when i don't touch any settings

my best yet has been 6997...all i want is just 1 in the 7000 range

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom