case upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

poetry8

Baseband Member
hi guys, i was in pc world yesterday shpping for christmas gifts and i saw this case for bout £30. it was pretty sweet and as my lil brothers pc case is seriously done with i was considering buying it for him. only prob was when i took the side off to peep inside and i was ambushed by tons of wires.in my brothers case the wires,such as the power switch buttons are connected onto a single block which the mobo has a slot for. but the power in the new case is like 8 diff wires labeled things like hdd power, reset and that sort of thing.can i still connect these just as long as theyre in the right socket?please help quick as i was goin back to pc world at around 11.15 today??? any help at all would be great thanks.

Well, my friend, it's all dependent on which motherboard you purchase. Each motherboard, if it comes with a manual, will have instructions and most have a picture layout, of where you connect the "front panel" wires to the motherboard. Don't worry mate... it all works out in the end.

He probably has his front panel wires connected to the mobo through an adapter similar to the Asus Q-connector. No magic here, it's only meant to make connecting easier.

poetry8: There's 99% chance it will all work perfectly fine. It's all pretty standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom