qestion on emachines T5048

Status
Not open for further replies.

confederate1290

Beta member
Ok my first question is hardware i took the cd dvd drive out and it has two slots there and when i put my new one in the same slot of the old drive but the screws dont fit. and i looked at the second slot and it would work perfect but there is a metal thing that is in the middle of the second slide does any body know how to take it out cuz the screws work in that slot i just need to get the metal slot out.

Thx :D

P.S. im new here but i like the site i will definatly try to stay active on here

I am not really sure about emachines but normally those little metal brackets just break off. You just apply pressure or twist and it snaps of. Dont take my work though i know nothing about emachines,look inside at the bracket, check the corners to see if they are just barely attached if the metal is thin in all four corners thats a good indicator that you can just twist it off.

Yeah, you have to break it out.

Actually, the way you would mount the drive in the eMachine (if you are replacing the original drive) would be to remove the bezel (front panel) of the new drive and replace it with the rounded bezel of the drive you pulled out of the chassis.

In my old computer (an eMachine, now my wife's computer), I replaced the original drive and had to do this. I also later added another optical drive, but mounted it with just its black bezel.

All in all it comes down to your own personal preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom