How much diff from SB Aud2 ZS gamer and Aud gamer

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomt697

In Runtime
since am getting really kick as$ speakers, i was wondering should the sound card be Upgraded as well. right now i have the Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer, and am looking into the Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS Gamer or the plain Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS (between those two, is the there any real big diff besides what comes with the card?) should i stay with my card, or will either of the ZSz make a big diff in quality?

There really isn't much difference in quality between the Audigy and Audigy 2 cards. The Audigy 2 just has support for 7.1 speakers, which I don't think the Audigy supports. Other than that, I don't think there's really a difference.

I have a 5 year-old Sound Blaster Live: had no probs and wouldn't consider buying a new card over it since even if the Audigy 2 does have a better quality sound, you don't actually notice it.
keep your current sound card, and if anything, invest in a new RAM disk, video card or CPU - something that will give you better performance for your PC

actually, upgrading a soundblaster live will increase performance depending on what you get... at least, the live value. They are soft cards, meaning they use the processor. The better cards have their own processing power/ DSP built in to free the processor to do what it really needs. this will increase overall speeds.

i ordered that Z680z and i want to get the best output out of them, so thats why i was thinkin upgradin my audigy

checked creatives website and newegg, no mention of it being a DTS card, anyone out there no if it is? am guessing so b\c i read somewhere that the high end sound cards almost always have it, but i can be wrong. if its not, it shouldnt be so bad b\c i have a good cpu (amd xp 2800+) so it should be able to handle the extra bit of load for the sound, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom