Case cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

kriemer

Beta member
The Hard Drive and Video Card in my desktop failed (after 4 years) within a month of each other. I recognise that after 4 years the computer does not owe me anything but I am wondering if when building my replacement computer I would be better off adding some supplemental case cooling (fan type)? No overclocking, or gaming; just a high powered SOHO workhorse.

I never experienced random shutdowns, or BSOD so I would not suggest that my computer suffered from high and damaging temperatures, but as a general principal is the additional cooling and noise a good idea?

Thanks

k

yeah make sure you have sufficient case cooling. just get some 120 or 80mm fans.

hey havoc you didnt give good "advice" in your recent posts on the Building, Buying, Upgrading for General PCs section. lol

kriemer said:
The Hard Drive and Video Card in my desktop failed (after 4 years) within a month of each other. I recognise that after 4 years the computer does not owe me anything but I am wondering if when building my replacement computer I would be better off adding some supplemental case cooling (fan type)? No overclocking, or gaming; just a high powered SOHO workhorse.

I never experienced random shutdowns, or BSOD so I would not suggest that my computer suffered from high and damaging temperatures, but as a general principal is the additional cooling and noise a good idea?

Thanks

k

All you need is what I like to call flow. For your situation all you need is equal In pressure and Equal Out pressure. Not counting power supply or Heatsink fans just have 80/120MM fan in and 80/120MM fan out.
But it really depends on the temparture of the room. The easiest way to cool a pc is to lower the ambient Temparture.

j369852147412 said:
yeah make sure you have sufficient case cooling. just get some 120 or 80mm fans.

hey havoc you didnt give good "advice" in your recent posts on the Building, Buying, Upgrading for General PCs section. lol

My advice is just as good as anyone else's here J12... I don't know what your talking a boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom