Im dreaming of a silicon christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
That one looks pretty good keyser, but i need a 20+4 pin connector. Idk whats up with how mines working, but it's only using 20 pins, and it has the extra 4. I didn't do the wiring, so i don't know whats up with that, all i know is it works and i don't wanna make it not work. Anyone wanna comment on the graphics card i picked out?
Edit: well it says 24 pin connector, but i think that it may be a 20+4 pin, or there is some sort of adapter.

i would go with a nice trusted brand of psu. just for the fact that a psu problem can lead to the obliteration of your components. I have an antec trupower and it works well and is moderately priced. I got mine at staples for 80 bucks its 550w. I would have got it on the web but mine died and i needed one the same day. That graphics card is really nice though but imo save a little more for the 8000 series.

Everyone says go with antec, but the one i have is antec, and a lot of people are having problems with it. Ill look into a truepower, but im a little shaky with antec right now. As for moving up to an 8800, im not sure i can pull that much money. Im looking at spending no more than around 500, and thats with psu and graphics. Plus, i need some games that use all this extra graphics power :) It depends on how much i can get for christmas. Although if the r600 is all it's craked up to be that may be the card to get around christmas time.

Ok this is strange, my DS3 should be using a 24 pin connector, but the computer wizard(the guy who did the wiring for me) only used 20 pins. What do i risk by plugging in the extra 4 pins? cause right now everything is fine.

the 4 extra pins i believe is only grounds so you shouldn't cause any harm if you get a psu with a 24 pin connecter

maybe the guy who did it was either

A. retarded
or
B. he know what he was doing and you dont need 20 pins

im not sure how it works i just like to make sure if theres a pin its plugged in it

Maybe you should stop for one second and read your instructions manual.

Most new 20 pin power supplies have enough power to power a 24-pin motherboard.

The extra four pins are the following:

11: +12V
12:3.3V
23:+5V
24:GND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom