Connecting to a TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtpacygax

Banned
Hi,

I don't have a DVD player, and was wondering if there is a way that I can connect my computer to my TV and use it as a DVD Player, and watch a movie on the television instead of my monitor? What do I have to buy to make this work?

Thanks,
Ted

I have a standrad tv right now, but i might be getting an hdtv. I also have a geforce 7800 gs with a black circle port on it, i think svideo out maybe? Also, when I view the movie on the TV will it just use the TV or will it use my computer graphics card and just use the tv as a monitor, if you know what I am trying to say. Because I want to hook it up to the tv because my computer doesn't do movies really well. Also, are the r-g-b ports the yellow white and red ports on the tv, because those are the only ports I have right now.

my tv only has the red yellow and white input wires though, so how do i connect it? can you show me a product somewhere I can purchase, like from newegg.

cant he just use an S-Video to RCA out (Red, yellow, white)

btw, i u know it will only do video thru the tv, you'll still be using your computer speakers....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom