$1000 Intel Or Am2

Status
Not open for further replies.
keyser09 said:
Dude you guys dont get it intel and amd will both continue to outdo eachother!!!unless one buys out the other they'll compete forever!which is good for us as they has to compete for our money you understand now?

i've understood this for the longest time ever.... but, amd's new structure isnt coming out for a long time... so AMD is out of the race for a good while.... so why not get whats gonna pwn for a long time?

keyser09 said:
Cause its to late i just spent all the cash i had on this rig
(got it couple months ago)

well i wasnt suggesting for you, i'm suggesting for the person buying in this thread....

but anyway, don't get me wrong, your 4800 is still amazing... and i'm hoping amd comes back and takes the lead

my system specs right now are:

AMD 939 opteron 144 @ 2.7
2 gigs of g skill ddr 400 before oc
lead tek 7600 gt
epox sli mb
wd 250 hd
19 lcd
thermal right sp 120
ocz 620 ps

It runs my games fine the only problem i have is when multi tasking is it boggs down a little.
My plan is to get a new case for it and give it to my son for X-mas.

I have an extra ocz psu and 19 lcd.
the only games i play right now are counter strike and texas hold em online.
I want my new system to out peform the one im giving to my son but dont want to spend over 1k.
I was thinking about sticking with the 939 platform just because its tested and i am comfortable with it.

Maybe a opty 170 and a dfi mb.
between 939, am2 and conroe which would last me the longest before an upgrade and be the best performance/price option?

colin said:
my system specs right now are:

AMD 939 opteron 144 @ 2.7
2 gigs of g skill ddr 400 before oc
lead tek 7600 gt
epox sli mb
wd 250 hd
19 lcd
thermal right sp 120
ocz 620 ps

It runs my games fine the only problem i have is when multi tasking is it boggs down a little.
My plan is to get a new case for it and give it to my son for X-mas.

I have an extra ocz psu and 19 lcd.
the only games i play right now are counter strike and texas hold em online.
I want my new system to out peform the one im giving to my son but dont want to spend over 1k.
I was thinking about sticking with the 939 platform just because its tested and i am comfortable with it.

Maybe a opty 170 and a dfi mb.
between 939, am2 and conroe which would last me the longest before an upgrade and be the best performance/price option?

i think a 4800 x2 or a opteron 170 would be your best choice... if your an overclocker i would go with opteron no doubt

keyser09 said:
Dude you guys dont get it intel and amd will both continue to outdo eachother!!!unless one buys out the other they'll compete forever!which is good for us as they has to compete for our money you understand now?

D*mn man, what did the English language ever do to you?

TriEclipse said:
I'd really rather not.

And could you atleast quote me correctly?

what are you 5?just drop it,lmao whoa amazing i made a typo, go do something productive micheal

Actually, it's your grammar that's at the level of a 5-year old. And the name is spelled Michael. As in Michael Jordan, Michael Dell, Michaelangelo.

Dropping it like its hot. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom