Graphics Card Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutzNutz22

Solid State Member
I need some help!

I recently purchased a pci express graphics card for my computer which i discovered was faulty. The company i bought it from replaced it for me with a GeForce 7300GT. I have put this into my machine and booted fine the first time. The resolution was really big on this so i presumed it was a driver thing. The card i had in previously was also an nvida card so it had a similar driver on it already. I went to load the driver from the cd that came with the new card and it locked up half way through. I restarted the computer and it goes through all the hardware checks at the start and goes through the windows xp loading screen. As soon as that disapears it just goes to a blue screen with no writing on it and i cannot move the mouse or anything.

I rebooted the machine in safe mode and installed the latest driver from nvidia but i still get this problem of the blue screen. I have put my old geforce 4 fx5200 back in the machine and it works fine with that new driver in it.

Anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this new card to hang on loading. It works fine in safe mode but as soon as i try to load the computer normally it just locks up.

Thanks for any help.

Dave

Google Driver Cleaner Pro, Boot into safe mode, Follow instructions. Download the latest Driver From Nvidia. IF you can boot, install it.

Driver clean PRO MUST be run first in safe mode, instruction by instruction.

Still got problem

I tried this driver cleaner program you suggested and i still ge the same problem with the new card.

Any other ideas?

Cheers

Dave

How does that repair thing work cus it just goes into a console thing doesnt it? Im not sure what to do when i get into that repair console thing.

No, thats the recovery Console. What you do is boot off the disc, go as if your were going to install windows. Then it will detect a previous Installation. At this time it prompt you, hit R and it will run a repair install.

still got problem

it seems to be locking up at the same point of the windows installation. it gets to the part where it is installing the devices. the monitor goes black a few times then just locks up on the screen and freezes. the graphics work fine up to that but crash as soon as it tries to do that bit.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom