How to download more than two things at a time in IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoLoCroN

Daemon Poster
For some reason, IE limits you by default to two (2) simultaneous downloads. Even if you have a good internet connection, this is your limit.

This can be changed by adding two registry keys.

If you open up REGEDIT and navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

You can add the two following DWord values.

Edit>New>DWORD Value
MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server=Dword:0000000a
Check the Decimal radio button and enter 10 under "value data"
Click OK

Edit>New>DWORD Value
MaxConnectionsPerServer=Dword:0000000a
Check the Decimal radio button and enter 10 under "value data"
Click OK

Close your registry editor and your done!!!

I enclosed the registry keys to make this process easier on those of you that aren't very comfortable with editing the registry. Just unzip and double-click on both keys.

Attachments

• ie multiple downloads.zip
    18.7 KB · Views: 7
Gotta love that RegEdit. Once you know how to use it, it can make a lot of the "little things" better.
I just use Download Accelerator. But that only lets me download 3 at a time, I think. I'll have to try that. Good find. :p

Cool, this will work with any download accelerator program and the limit is raised considerably. Glad you can take advantage of it.

No wonder... (Over a year old!) well a reminder doesn't hurt AND to clarify a few things, you don't have to reboot in order for the changes to take place!

Thanks,

do i right click and click "modify"? mine already has a value of 4 for the per1_0Server and a value of 8 for the PerServer entry.

Thats wierd.Ive always been able to download many things at once with iexplorer 6.0.I never even new about any limit.
OWell.Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom