DirectX 10 Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jewels

In Runtime
I'm a complete newbie when it comes to how DX works, so bear with me. I'm currently using a legacy nvidia TNT2, and it's fine with DX9 installed. I'm planning on purchasing a 7900GTX when I get Vista, and I'm not much of a gamer, so I'm wondering if I need a card that supports DX 10.

If you're going to spend alot on a graphic card, why not go for the 8800GTS or 8800GTX for a little more money.

EDIT: Nevermind you said you weren't much of a gamer. No it's not required to get a DX10 card in order to run Vista.

So really only future games would actually require a card supporting DX10? Er... would I still be able to use and install DX10 even though I didn't have a card that supported it?

no, cards have to be built to use DX10. I would not worry about DX10 at all for at least a year or more, especially since you don't game much. I wouldn't suggest the cards because of the DX10, but because they are amazing cards compared to the competition.

you can not use dx10 on a dx9 card, its just not designed for it hardware wise, so its impossible to install it on a dx9 card. And future games will support dx10, but they'll prob be dx9 versions of them too, cause it wouldn't make since to make a new game only dx10 supported while most of the market still had dx9 cards ;).

actually vista doesn't need dx10 but to use a lot of the cool aero and flip 3d effects and other your gonna need a decent card and that 7900 shouldbe good for vista

They say Microsoft Vista is going to need a pretty decent card in order to run Vista, but I won't go as far out to worry about Direct X 10 now only gamers do that because they will need it to run all the games to come like "Crysis". And don't worry about if you get a Direct X 9 card will it work with Direct X 10, just remember that Direct X is backwards compatible ok dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom