Video card question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KNiGHTMaRe89

In Runtime
ATI x850xt pe or nVidia 7900gt?

heres my rig so far:

dfi lanparty nf4 ultra d
amd athlon 3200+ (eventually going for an x2)
nvidia 6600le
512mb ram (upgrading to 1gb)
80gb hdd
antec 500he psu
antec lanboy

I would go with the Nvidia 7900GT, cause Nvidia is much more reliable than ATI. And due to the fact that Graphic Card got a better review than the ATI. But then again I would advice you to choose a brand that you feel comfortable with (One you have used before and had a good relationship with).

I've always used nVidia, no complaints from me, very stable, they also seem to be good with the driver updates

Looks like your building up a decent rig, good luck :)

i think im gonna go with the 7900gt, but i have read and it looks like its very large? im assuming it will fit in an Antec LanBoy case. if i get that card, do i have to get any accessories for it like fans and stuff to keep it cooler than its normal temps? and finally, how long before the 7900gt 24pl's will be considered "crappy?"

some good gpu coolers are zalman vf900 or vf700

I would only use the aftermarket gpu hsf if your going to oc it, if not then save the money and use the hsf that comes with it.

It will be a while before the 7900gt's are considered "crappy." You will prob still be able to play new games next fall on mid-high settings with it.

I just realized how incredibly similar all these threads are. Do you guys ever read through the forums or do you just click, "Post a Topic"?

i just post.
My response: i think that the other one will be better.

actual response: i would go for the nvidia.

def in the nvidia 7900gt. i love that card, i have it! i play cod2 with a e6400 and i get max fps (333fps) . i love nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom