Bet you can't figure this out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you recommend I copy the i386 folder. The windows recovery console will not allow the copy of a directory, is there a command that will allow me to copy all of the contents of a directory?

if you can try a different drive. if you got another computer, use that computer cd rom drive through a network. then you just use nlite or copy and paste to copy the contents. I would copy the whole xp cd

the reason I say this is because if the cd can't copy the file directly in dos, it probably can't in windows

Well.. its not a legit copy, so I'm thinking the source itself is bad. Even if he downloaded it twice, chances are it was still the same ISO or BIN file - just two different people hosting it.

Snump said:
Well.. its not a legit copy, so I'm thinking the source itself is bad. Even if he downloaded it twice, chances are it was still the same ISO or BIN file - just two different people hosting it.

One of the copies I tried is legit and came with the laptop. The other is not, and they both had the same errors. Memtest ran for 23 passes and no errors, I am thinking the drive or the hard drive.

madmax670 said:
One of the copies I tried is legit and came with the laptop. The other is not, and they both had the same errors. Memtest ran for 23 passes and no errors, I am thinking the drive or the hard drive.

I withdraw the statement.

madmax670 said:

we've told you what to do. you can tell if it is the hard drive by running tests by that hdd manufacture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom