Windows fails to boot after I put in new hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddington

Solid State Member
I upgraded my computer recentely and got the last part I needed today. I finally got the computer to power up but now i get the,

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this"

error when I try to start the computer.

It probably has to do with the new hardware I put in the computer. I put in a new mobo, ram, PSU, video card, and now that i got them all working together I can't get Win Xp to boot.

Do I need to install the new mobo's drivers to get Win Xp to run? If so how to I get the machine to boot from CD?

turn your pc on, when the BIOS post comes up tell me what BIOS you have probz AMI. then go into setup and enable the BIOS beeps. restart the PC n tell me how many bleeps you hear, that would be a start

BIOS version is: SN94510J.86A.0050.2005.0916.1734

I didn't see anything in the BIOS menu that would turn on BIOS beeps. It beeped when I first tried to run it but stopped when I plugged the video card into the PSU.

Since you used your Hard drive from a different PC with a new mobo, CPU, Ram and the rest you will get this error. It will either be this one or the hal.dll is missing. Try to repair install from the CD. That might work. since you isntalled XP with different hardware it doesnt recognize your current config.

A repair might not fix it only a fresh install really works best in these situations. Also upon install XP might not become valid for you. Since it is considerened a new PC with a new mobo and CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom