sound issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaksback

Fully Optimized
I have a lot of feedback and static-like sounds in my speakers at mid to high volume range even when I have no music or sounds coming out. I get it especially when the cd is running. Is there some type of filter I need to get or what?

It might be that you have a losse connection inside your computer... Try opening up and looking at your wires... Disconnect them and reconnect just to be sure

I have had that thing apart and that is one of my obsessive's to make sure wires are firmly in their slots. Too many times have had something just slightly out of its slot and the sys crashed or wouldn't work.

how big of a power supply? also check your cmss settings and make sure any onboard sound/intergrated sound is disabled.

its a 450 watt power supply, but i do think that onboard sound is enabled which i will change immediately...

edit: my cmos doesn't have any options that control onboard sound. I am getting feedback (minor) even as I press each key typing this....:mad:

I wonder if there is a filter type plug that i can get.

My soundcard is furthest away from everything else too....any other suggestions?

try going into DM, if not in normal check in safe mode, to see if the onboard sound is listed in DM. If it is disable it in all hw profiles. heh, is the mic muted? ;)

which one do i mute it in?
Clipboard01.jpg

edit: I just check in device manager both in safe and normal mode and there is absolutely nothing there about onboard sound.

okay, what you're gonna have to do is go into options for play control, in there you should (I'm doing this from memory, mind you), have a play back option or something or control panel???? Anyhow, just look around and eventually you'll see a section with boxes to choose from. These are the sound controls that will appear in play control. Put a check mark next to 'mic' and then apply and okay. Now mic should appear in there. Just check mute.

would having my bass booster box 16" away maybe have an affect on feed back from the computers electronics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom