Help buying a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackPHat

Baseband Member
Ok so.. i might buy a new computer soon $2000 max.

I want a fast computer.

What is better..

3GHz, 800MHz
2.166GHz, 1066MHz

and if i buy my parts, my retail store say like bestbuy, where they fix computers, would they build the computer for me if i gave them the parts, cause im not too sure if i did myself.

yeah some places might but they shouldn't charge more than $75 It actually takes about 10 mins to set up a comp from parts if your xperienced. and What type of processors are those dual core???

Well....it depends what two procs you're referring to, there are other differences than clock speed and front side bus speed like you've posted....
And as far as building the computer, it's honestly not that hard. But if you'd like go to www.monarchcomputers.com and you can have them assemble you a system. It's akin to buying the parts of a site like Newegg (similar prices) and paying them to build it for you.

BlackPHat said:

3GHz, 800MHz
2.166GHz, 1066MHz

??

I'm very sure that the first one is pentium 4 (or D) and the second on is one is core 2 duo

Core 2 Duo is better than any pentium 4 and pentium D CPU.

So, go with 2.166GHz, 1066MHz, and you will be happy :)

DO NOT take your computer or parts to Best Buy to be worked on or assembled! Geez, you wanna give me heart failure??? That's what this place is for.

We've walked complete idiots through building their own rig (I won't mention any names, but they know who they are). And we can walk you through it, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom