Really strange problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only other option I can think of is to hook up the HDD to a machine that has NT/2K/XP installed on it. Then he will be able to see whether it has any NTFS partitions on it or not.

There is yet another option i just thought of. There is a utility called "Read NTFS" which allows you to view files that are located on a NTFS partition. It's freeware and you can do a Google search for it. D/L and install it on your PC. It's fairly straightforward and you will figure out how to navigate to the different partitions on your HDD. It's worth a shot.

EDIT: I found the link for it.

http://www.ntfs.com/products.htm

The software now finds the Hd partition so it is still their- how do i get windows to recognize it?

"The Bitmap: Reloaded"

A BIOS would be vary helpful right now....

If you could somehow access your RAM drive, (I can't tell you how since i dont know what type of computer your using...) you could use the FDISK or FORMAT utillity to put those partitions back together.:cool:

Re: "The Bitmap: Reloaded"

ATIRAGEPRO said:
A BIOS would be vary helpful right now....

If you could somehow access your RAM drive, (I can't tell you how since i dont know what type of computer your using...) you could use the FDISK or FORMAT utillity to put those partitions back together.:cool:

Do what now?????

Your RAM drive has no relevance to setting up partitions with FDISK.

vilejames said:
The software now finds the Hd partition so it is still their- how do i get windows to recognize it?

Dude, i told you earlier that Win98 does not support NTFS partitions - so it won't see it no matter what you try to do.

I'm afraid he's screwed. Unless he wants to add another drive as primary formated in NTFS. If you were going to do mismatched fat tables then you SHOULD of made your primary partition NTFS. There are ways to get it, I'm sure, but not easily.

Just to say that I found a piece of softwarfe on the net, it found the drive which I formatted and changed the type back to fat32 so everythings ok. Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom