128mb??

Status
Not open for further replies.
ChaosBlizzard said:
Oh really? I have always monitored my system resources to take note of what the system uses and or wastes. I have 256mb of ram on my win2k machine. Under no circumstances has ever used more than 75% of my memory, even with a game on. I play such games as Renegade, Baldurs gate series, and Starcraft. I dont see why people keep telling everyone to get a ton of ram. Unless you edit video you have no need for it. I can only see having that much ram if your into things like 3dstudio Max.

Those games require nothing

Renegade can run on my crappy laptop, Baldures Gate is a 2d game, Starcraft is a 2d game, so they require virtually NOTHING to run, and even very old machines can run those games.

Try running newer games such as BF Vietnam, FarCry, Rainbow Six 3, Unreal Tournament 2003, 2004, with less than 512mb ram and you will see what I mean.

Ram truly helps, and trying to play high-tech games with not much RAM is like trying to play tennis with no arms.

apokalipse said:
I constantly run out of RAM and I have 320MB
I have to close like just about every non-essential program so I can run Counterstrike......... on 640x480!!!!!!

lol :p

I know what you mean, because before I got this computer I have now, I was in almost the EXACT same situation!

Chubz said:
Those games require nothing

Renegade can run on my crappy laptop, Baldures Gate is a 2d game, Starcraft is a 2d game, so they require virtually NOTHING to run, and even very old machines can run those games.

Try running newer games such as BF Vietnam, FarCry, Rainbow Six 3, Unreal Tournament 2003, 2004, with less than 512mb ram and you will see what I mean.

Ram truly helps, and trying to play high-tech games with not much RAM is like trying to play tennis with no arms.

Well I have played halo on a machine with 256mb of ram and it never used the swap file. How much of a "game" do you think is needed?

Want weird? I play Colin McRae 04 and when I start my free ram is about 350 out of 512 but when I'm done playing and back to my normal desktop its running about 420+. Now why would it free up ram?!

As to this guy's problem I'd say that he needs updated drivers, or contact the manufacturer or bring the damned thing back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom