X1900 Crossfire Edition... or X1950 Crossfire Edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
okay.. i have plans on going crossfire... fairly soon... and i guess i just want to know which do you think would be better for me???

NO, i don't want to hear any of your direct X 10 games bs right now.. because thats gonna be out of my mind for half of this upcoming year...... and, i want to stick with ATI because i've got me a crossfire board...

i know an 8800gtx beats it in crossfire... but i really don't care, so don't flame me.....

so my question is obviously

X1900's in crossfire or x1950's in crossfire????

Well, it seems like you've got you mind made up. So instead of trying to lay out the obvious, logical reason here, i'll just ask a question to you.

Why wouldn't you go with the x1950? It's the best of all the ATI cards right now.

Nukem said:
I think the 1900's in CF will be good for you until you get your upgrade down the road...

exactly my thoughts... x1950xtx doesnt seem to be worth throwing another 100 bucks in... plus all that tax :amazed:

the only reason i considered x1950 crossfire edition... is because i can't seem to find any x1900 series cards... that arent the ATI x1900 crossfire card... they're all gone on newegg.. like 0 cards there now....

but with the x1950.. i see sapphire's both up there for 409.. and i feel guaranteed to still get one at its same price tag.... because when i do comes across an x1900xtx or xt thats 512 mb.. they cost just as much as 409.. or a little under :(

gah... its not same brand.. i need asus.. lol, i don't mean to be picky... but i want two same brand cards... just seems plain wrong not to...

tried browsing to see if they had asus there.. :(

I'm probably going into crossfire next paycheck... or the one after... so i need some for sure matching brands... and so far the only thing i see having that is x1950 cards... they seem to produce alot less of anything other than that now :confused:

anyway... off to bed for me... gotta do lots tomorrow... brb to read the responses, and thanks to anyone who is helping or going to help

Well, you know more than me, but what are you planning on doing with these and for how long? If you're like me and don't care about Crysis and stuff like that, why not go for whatever option is cheaper?

Also, nobody said this so feel free to ignore if you want: you're saying no to the new nvidia cards(Good boy!), but why not consider the r60's. If you have the money for high end crossfire, you should be able to manage r60.

I pretty much don't read about anything over $300, so I can't say anything persuasive about it, but since no one even mentioned it, i figured I should.

Oh and is you current rig even working lol? No offense I just remember it being a *****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom