Ghosting a hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how to deploy images, so that is the route that I go. you keep saying that it won't work 100% of the time. it will work 100 percent of the time.

I install me to lot of computer and than upgraded it to xp. I use to do 1 partition and then pick the upgrade xp option. I now do 2 partitions so i can install a fresh copy of windows xp

a perfect example

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119168

I'll take your word for it. If you use it to do ME all the time, than you obviously have it down pat. It's just that i haven't used ME in 6 years!

I have experience with cloning on both Mac's and PC's and I must say this is about the only thing I do like about a Mac :) We built one master image from a G5 then shelled this out to various platforms over the network from G4's, SilverBullets, G5's, and I thought even a G3 all of which booted with no additional work needed.

Now I am no Mac fan at all you can ask any of my fellow network admin's how much I despise the 60 or so we support..lol..I am just willing to admit when they do something beneficial for the company.

With that said I still wish we can get rid of them all cause they suck on our Windows based domain network. Users reboot all day long get the spinning rainbow wheel all day long..ewww..they can't print often..working for a news paper sucks sometimes..hah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom