AMD 2400+ changed to 1800+ ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

madking153

In Runtime
Actually i post this question b4 but nobody can help me ,so i decided to post it again .
I got a AMD 2400 +processor ,but when the pc boot , it recognise it as 1800+ . So i change the FSB from 100 to 133 MHZ ..(multiplier leave it as 15X) and it become 2400+ .But when i play some games , my com will restart itself ...

what should i do ? should i change the vcore voltage ?

check your cooling, I know it sounds a little weird but now that you increased the bus speed, the processor will run much hotter. Most Mobo/CPU have a heat sensitive trigger that restarts your PC when the CPU gets too hot.

no problem with my cooling coz my room quite cold and i got 3 casing fans

asus a7n8x
512mb ddr ram

Sounds more like it is at the BIOS level but the change is coming from Windows. Weird, have you done a BIOS update? 2400+ runs at 266MHz if I am not mistaken. Is there a jumper on the motherboard that will change FSB from 100MHz to 133MHz? Interesting. What is the speed of your memory?

my memory is Kingston 512 mb DDR ram .maybe i should update my BIOS .

Lately,it just suddently jump out to windows while i playing games -but it happen only when i play Iron Storm ,Max Pyne and Soldier of Fortune . It works well when i play Mafia ,CS ........

my Graphic card is Asus V9520 128mb DDR .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom