New Anti-Virus Software Suggestions Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

slashedhacker

Beta member
Ok, it's a pretty long story, i'll just break it down. I've previously installed AVG Free Edition 7.0 and after that, Kaspersky 6.0 Internet Security and Bit Defender 10 Internet Security. Both Kaspersky and Bit Defender caused my computer to display a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death), hindering my computer's ability to function in any way :/. I now have nothing on here, except for a Bsafe Online Internet Filter and Tiny Personal Firewall, I COULD uninstall Personal Firewall if i found a replacment. Previously, AVG did not cause a BODS, but I want a more secure software program. Anyone know of one that won't conflict with other programs easily?

if I were you i'd stick to kaspersky and change your firewall, or even just use windows ICF.

you can always check the forums of a particular securiy app e.g. anti virus or firewall for compatability reports

NOD32 looks great, i'll give it a try. :D I would've kept Kaspersky, because tech support was able to help me squash the BSOD, but I tryed reinstalling and all these modules would fail and then tech support couldn't figure that one out. Thanks again! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom