pentium 4 650 OR pentium d 805

Status
Not open for further replies.

nejdl3

Solid State Member
just want some thoughts on witch one i should use i have a ASUS P5ND2-SLI motherboard. just going to use it for gaming

but i can oc my 650 to 4.0 ghz. but it only single core ? and due i really need a dule core for games ?

Well currently there aren't many games designed for dual core, but pretty soon it will be standard. So go for dual core. Also I hear the Pentium D 805 is a good overclocker. I've been hearing 4.0GHz range too.

personally I would go with pentium 4 650, specially if you want to use it for gaming.

The p4 650 is (3.4Ghz, 2MB L2, 800Mhz FSB)

Pd 805 is (2.66GHz, 1MBx2 L2, 533 Mhz FSB)

The Pd 805 has speed of 2.66Mhz, and just 533MHz bus speed, so it will not perform good in gaming since most games don't support dual core CPU, and even if a game support dual core, I doubt that Pd 805 will be able to beat P4 650.

For video editing and multi tasking the Pd 805 will perform a little better.
Also don't forget that P4 650 support Hyper-Threading which will help to perform better in multi tasking and video editing.

The P4 650 is overall is better than Pd 805

Neither of them look too great, but I agree with the Tom's Hardware benchmarks. The P4 is the better of the two.

Too bad you've already got your motherboard, for a bit less money you could get one of the Athlon X2s which have better benchmark ratings than either of those chips.

Ok, I looked at the benchmarks and I found that Pentium 4 650 is better than Pentium D 805 in gaming

Yea I just checked, the 650 is better at gaming and the other fields. The 805 wins in multitasking but, not by much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom