help with choosing.. a Bike

Status
Not open for further replies.
naw im just gonna be usin about every other day no morea than 30 min for a quick ride around my block

you get what you pay for

I have had my mongoose efx for 2~ years and I have had to replace the rear sproket twice, first time under warrenty, second time(recently) cost $30

all in all, my walmart bike was well worth the $128 +30 :(

with that said, I should mention that I keep my bike clean and well maintained

otherwise I doubt it would have lasted a year...

so... walmart bikes can be dodgy and poorly built, but as long as you know how to take care of it, it should be fine

Ya, for no more than you are doing, I would def. go with the walmart bike. Cuz think, when your in to CG, you aren't gonna have a bike, no used buying a real nice one to sit around for four years till you get out of the service.

I generally stick with the 100 dollar wallyworld bikes...they normally last me two to three seasons of good use.

if you're going to be riding around your block for exercise...don't get one of those heavy bikes with front and rear suspension. it'll do nothing but slow you down and then the shocks will wear out before you know it and then you'll be paying to fix something you don't need.

goto a bike shop and find a decent used schwinn or something that's meant for road/hybrid use. it'll be easy for $100 or less and you'll end up paying for quality components and a decent frame instead of flashy looks and useless/heavy suspension.

also, the tech. at the bike shop should be able to help you select a bike with a frame that fits your body size and leg length well and will help you set it up properly be more comfortable and avoid injury. the last thing you need before going into service is to be riding around on an improperly-sized and setup bike and end up hurting your knees or back.

do they sell hand grip things because my hands always hurt holding the grips or I should just get gloves I think I will do what Molsen said and go to the shop i was at walmart today they seemed too good to be true the bikes

molsen said:
if you're going to be riding around your block for exercise...don't get one of those heavy bikes with front and rear suspension. it'll do nothing but slow you down and then the shocks will wear out before you know it and then you'll be paying to fix something you don't need.

goto a bike shop and find a decent used schwinn or something that's meant for road/hybrid use. it'll be easy for $100 or less and you'll end up paying for quality components and a decent frame instead of flashy looks and useless/heavy suspension.

also, the tech. at the bike shop should be able to help you select a bike with a frame that fits your body size and leg length well and will help you set it up properly be more comfortable and avoid injury. the last thing you need before going into service is to be riding around on an improperly-sized and setup bike and end up hurting your knees or back.

I love my rear suspension, and it's not heavy at all... entire bike is around 20~30lbs

2 years and my suspension still works like new...

What? So what if it's heavier, I mean he IS exercising, the extra weight just means more work and a better exercise.

:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom