Ie7

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was included in automatic updates. Our WSUS server automatically prompted our users for install. In fact Microsoft offers a free tool to prevent WSUS from deploying IE7. For us, we decided to let it install, so we didn't apply the block, IE7 just came through on the last update and we acknowledged it.

technogab said:
It was included in automatic updates. Our WSUS server automatically prompted our users for install. In fact Microsoft offers a free tool to prevent WSUS from deploying IE7. For us, we decided to let it install, so we didn't apply the block, IE7 just came through on the last update and we acknowledged it.

What's the point of the blocking tool? You can select which updates to install in the update manager in Windows. Unless you have it on automatic.

TheMajor said:
What's the point of the blocking tool? You can select which updates to install in the update manager in Windows. Unless you have it on automatic.

Yes you are correct. But some people may have their PC's set to automatic, and may not be part of a Policy, or even have their updates going through WSUS (like in small orginations). So the you don't want IE7 installed on peoples PC's, you run the block tool on those PC's. This way, they can still get all their other automatic updates, but wont get IE7.

technogab said:
Yes you are correct. But some people may have their PC's set to automatic, and may not be part of a Policy, or even have their updates going through WSUS (like in small orginations). So the you don't want IE7 installed on peoples PC's, you run the block tool on those PC's. This way, they can still get all their other automatic updates, but wont get IE7.

Ok, that's cool. I can't install it cause I don't have SP2. I could run IE7 if I extract it manually, but I don't feel like using IE7 anyways. I barely use IE6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom