Heatsink Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to go buy a new heatsink. No real need to remove the heatsink. The program you was running probably was giving false readings. resort to the bios for correct temps. Yes there is usally a setting in the bios I think Asus calls theirs Qfan and what that does is speed up slow down the fan according to the temp. even to the point of shutting it off. I disable this feature.

schusterjo said:
Yes there is usally a setting in the bios I think Asus calls theirs Qfan and what that does is speed up slow down the fan according to the temp. even to the point of shutting it off. I disable this feature.

Idem here. I disabled QFan on my P5B only 5 minutes after first power up. It was setting the CPU fan to 800rpm, while it should be working more around 2500rpm. CPU idle temps were in the 50s. With QFan disabled, my idle temps are 38ºC-41ºC. Conclusion: QFan sux.

There may be a similar feature on your DS3.

Have you tried plugging the fan into another header on the board ? (if there is 1) On my old skt 370 Aopen board the header for the cpu was bad and only working once in a blue moon,Switched to a different header and boom!!! worked like a charm :)

Meithan said:
Idem here. I disabled QFan on my P5B only 5 minutes after first power up. It was setting the CPU fan to 800rpm, while it should be working more around 2500rpm. CPU idle temps were in the 50s. With QFan disabled, my idle temps are 38ºC-41ºC. Conclusion: QFan sux.

There may be a similar feature on your DS3.
I don't know what the settings should be, so I'll list what they are, then what I can choose for them.

Reset Case Open Status - Disabled
Options: Disabled, Enabled

CPU Warning Temperature - Disabled
Options: 60c, 70c, 80c, 90c

CPU Fan Fail Warning - Disabled

System Fan Fail Warning - Disabled ( I don't think this should be on, since the only fans plugged into the mobo is the CPU's

Fan Speed Control Method - Auto
Options: Auto, Intel(R) QST, Legacy, Disabled

Fan Speed Control Mode - Auto
Options: Auto, Voltage, PWM

My CPU fan speed is almost always either at 0 or between 800-1000, so I don't think that that is right since you said it should be around 2500. Also, Easytune 5 shows a warning sign next to the CPU fan speed.
I tried looking at the temperature in Everest Home again, and the second I opened it in Easy Tune 5 it showed the temperatures shooting up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom