Gaming pc need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keving01400

Solid State Member
Hey guys

I don't really know much about computers and reading spec after spec trying to figure out what is good and what isnt has given me a head ache.

I was just wondering if you guys can give me some specs for the best computer i can build with a limit of $1100. Please dont include sound card, speakers, monitor... but -please- also include a good case, PS and any additional fans if needed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Kevin

How do you plan on building a system if you don't know much about computers and are unwilling to read anything about the subject? What good is a buch of computer parts going to be if you don't know what to do with them.

Saint71 said:
How do you plan on building a system if you don't know much about computers and are unwilling to read anything about the subject? What good is a buch of computer parts going to be if you don't know what to do with them.

Harsh

well for starters look at the : "important" thread at the top of the section you just posted in, there should be a guide to building your own rig. Read through that and see if it helps, after that you can google computer building tutorials.

Now if you already know how to build your own computer then for your money I would suggest this

core 2 duo e6600 2.4ghz CPU
2gb of ddr2 ram (667mhz if not overclocking, 800mhz if overclocking) I would suggest ddr2 800mhz ram.
socket lga775 motherboard ( i will let someone else suggest a specific model)
~600watt power supply by a comany like ocz or antec's "true power series
320gig wd sata2 hardrive with a 16mb cache
for a graphics card you can either go with a 7900gt or a ATI x1900xt

Now for a case do you want a "full tower"or "mid tower"

my dad has a friend who is a computer tech, deal is i buy the parts and he puts it together no charge... but i have to pick the stuff out, buy it, and send it to him. So while a bunch of parts might not be good in my hands the guy i will hand them off to will put them together.

Im also heavily involved with school, rotc, sports, and work. the little time i do have off is going to be spent enjoying the time... not reading pc specs.

"Someone had to tell him."

Your a ****head. Give me **** cause i don't know much about computer specs, you don't know my situation yet you still comment.

lancec2c30, thanks alot for the help. Ill take a look at the thread above. Im going for a full tower.

Thanks lancec2c30 for the help.

Kevin

I second lancec, although if you want a ton of graphics power you might wanna move up to a 7950gx2. Ill maybe pick out some parts later, but right now i have to do homework :(

would the 2.4ghz be up to running some of the newer games that are currently out or coming out in the future vs the 3.0 - 3.4 which can run $50-$100 cheaper?

Keving01400 said:

Your a ****head. Give me **** cause i don't know much about computer specs, you don't know my situation yet you still comment.

Kevin

he was just telling ti how it is.

if your too **** lazy to read **** on how to build a computer
then honestly you dont deserve to have a nice computer
its always a good idea to know how your **** works whether your building it or not.
and if your too busy to read a little section why pay for a nice computer you wont have time to use?

**** off dont come in here badmouthing a respectable member who is just trying to help

ok people lets not jump into a flamewar here. By your reasoning fade2black, most people don't deserve nice computers. This is his money, and i think it would be nice to guide him in the right direction. He's just piking out the parts, it's almost the same as if he were getting a dell, except better and cheaper. Plus i can tell you that my e6300(1.8ghz) runs 10 times faster than my old pentium 4 that ran at 2.8. And thats in command and conquer generals, a CPU intensive game, not gpu intensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom