Video Card for my new system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zilveari

Baseband Member
The system I built is an E6600 Conroe, P5B-E board, 600W OCZ GameXStream PSU, 2x1GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 RAM.

How will I do with http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...01&st=x1600+pro&type=product&id=1130987444322 ?

That thing's $100 at BB on Black Friday. I wanted a 7950 KO 512, but if this ATi card is a good card im gonna grab it for $100.

With my system, and that card how do you think ill do with gaming(specifically WoW at top quality settings in windowed mode).

The problem is I can't afford a $300 video card right now. I need stopgap measure to last me a few months, maybe into the Spring when ill pick up a DX10 card.

Dont buy that card its junk and overpriced. You can buy a Nvidia 7950GT from newegg for under $300 you know.

$100 is overpriced?

7950 is like $270, I dont have that kinda cash lieing around. Not till my class is over.

a 7900gs would be a good card if you want high settings while you wait or a 7600 would hold you over on mid-high settings. i plan to uprgade to a dx10 card next summer and my 7900gs is doing a pretty good job as a tempary card :)

Zilveari said:
$100 is overpriced?

7950 is like $270, I don't have that kinda cash lieing around. Not till my class is over.

I saw the $200 price not the $100 but that card still is not worth the money. Just wait until you have more money and get a good video card. As for me I am getting a 8800GTX this Christmas.

Saint71 said:
I saw the $200 price not the $100 but that card still is not worth the money. Just wait until you have more money and get a good video card. As for me I am getting a 8800GTX this Christmas.

I need a video card now to put this new system into use is my problem. My old pc is being formatted and setup as a server 2K3 box for my microsoft classes. That has to have server 2K3 up and running by this time next week, and I need this pc ready for gaming, and everything else at the same time. It's suffering with a super outdated pci video card that I had thrown into a closet somewhere. I need a PCI card, any pci card that will play WoW at high settings. But I cant afford more than 100 or 150 until most likely the spring. if the X1600 wont work, then what can I get that is better than a geforce MX440 PCI card, and doesnt cost 175+

Why don't you just get a job. I work like 30 hours a week and have 5 classes this semester.

I work 45 hours/wk, have class 10 hours/wk, and I have a mandatory 20hours/wk self-study/self-test minimum.

I also have rent, health insurance, car insurance, cell phone, etc.

This is why im looking for something cheap to get me through until this class is over, and i get settled into a nice salaried job making better money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom