the new 680i mobos

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdLeft152

Daemon Poster
looking at the new mobo's the asus, evga, and the bfg, does anyone know the pros and cons to them, the bfg in particular?

i came across the new bfg mobo for $249 at compusa, and i figured thats a pretty good deal considering the evga is $299 and im not sure what the asus is, probably more.

same here its what i was also going to get i think the BFg one has First Packet whih is a technology developed by BFG and Nvidia Basically it improves access and performance on select BFg Graphics cards. other than that im a BFG fanboy

yeah thats what i was reading somewhere, the board will automatically overclock bfg cards in it? i dunno but i need to decide before the sale ends.

i wonder what the bios will be like?

I seriously doubt that.

That's like saying your CPU will perform faster if it's paired with a specific motherboard compared to a different one,witch we all know is not gonna happen.

I'd go for the BFG one though, if it really is that much cheaper.

i think i saw it on bfgs website "linkboost" or something? supposedly it will see that a bfg card is in there and overclock it, i don't think it meant it will overclock it more than you could manually.

yeah im sure the bfg will be fine, its a good brand. i was just wondering if anyone had heard anything about it.

i've been waiting for it for weeks now its out and on sale and general i think an e6600 will run better on a asus intel board than an amd board

^what?

so far the board im really looking forward to the Asus Stryker

but if its to expensive im going to go with the Evga board it is ~$260 on newegg last time i checked

i agree that stryker looks nice, but there is no way im going to spend 399 on it. the bfg will have to do.

oh and in response to that ecs, i don't trust them at all. but its nice to see they're getting into it.

I really dislike the trend towards certain products only working with other certain products. Where is diversity and compatibility running off to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom