I just upgraded my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kjølen

Baseband Member
My parents were using a 400MHz Pentium II Slot 1 CPU in their machine, and I just upgraded it to a 933MHz Pentium III via a socket 370 to slot 1 adapter. However, the BIOS recognizes it as a 500MHz Pentium Pro. CPU-z indicates that it indeed a Pentium III running at 700MHz with a bus speed of 100MHz and a multiplier of 7. So, my question is this: Is there any way I can change the bus speed to 133MHz to get the full 933MHz out of it? Or perhaps to accept the 256MB PC133 SDRAM? If you find a BIOS update for an Intel MP440BX motherboard, version 4M4PB0X1.15A.0018.P09, I would be greatly appreciative. :)

what type of computer is it? homebuild, prebuild(eg: dell, hp, compaq)

if homebuild, u can get a standard bios from the mobo manu site. if its a prebuild, then your sol, because they cant oc, unless you do a hardware overclock, eg: pinmodding, jumpers, dip-switches...that typpe of thing. need some more info first.

You don't understand. The CPU is SUPPOSED to run at 933MHz with a bus speed of 133MHz. It's being limited to 100MHz, so therefore it's only running at 700Mhz. The board is an Intel, from a Gateway G6-400.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom