Build or Buy? Advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShortThrow

Baseband Member
I'm in search of a new computer. My current one works alright, except everything is somewhat outdated and randomly shuts off (I think it's the PSU). Anyways, I've allocated 1000 dollars at the MAX MAX MAX for this next rig. I don't believe I have anything that could be re-used except for a 80gig ATA drive that is too small anyways.

The question is do I buy or build? Multitasking large programs such as Photoshop and things like are important to me. Other than that I mainly use my computer for school/music/TV recording so those are the main criteria; although, if I had a capable computer, I'm sure I'd play games aswell. I have windows XP Home, so the purchase won't need to include an OS.

Keep in mind I'm not the most savvy computer guy. I could get through putting a computer together mainly because I know what goes where, but I don't know how to troubleshoot or anything like that.

Please let me hear what you think.

I suggest you BUILD a computer, if you are into gaming and things like that, but if you are just going to use a computer for personal use at home like designing, and music and stuff, you can probably just go to dell.com and customize a computer with a bigger hard drive, a better graphics card, and possibly a faster processor..

If you are into gaming, you should deff. build your own, but MOST good rigs cost up to $1500-2000.. I am currently building one that costs about $1k, and I am going to change around some parts soon, but I'm not exactly done yet (not to mention all the S+H and taxes would add up to be over 100 bucks)..

So, yeah build your own, but you should know what your doing or get someone who does to help you pick out the good parts and install them..

Always go for "the best bang for your buck", not just the latest and the greatest.. That stuff usually isn't necessary but some people get it simply because they have a lot of money to throw into a computer, unlike others..

~Ephexx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom