Office Key?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolinar

Solid State Member
No, not asking for one!

When I open it, all I get it a message saying I need a key. Don't I like not need it since it came pre-on the computer (computer bought brand new)?

I could be completely oblivious here, so hence the asking. :)

what's the computer brand. Sure it's not installed from a previous owner?

I would call your computer manufacture, I don't know if M$ will deal with this.

Calling or contacting Compaq would almost be asinine (imo the worst customer service in the history of customer service).I would either contact the store that sold you the computer or contact Microsoft ( I think there phone support is free, not sure) and see if you could resolve it through one of them. If all else fails try to go through Compaq/HP maybe they have tweaked there customer service since i last encountered. On second thought did your computer come with some kind of recovery disk maybe you could do a repair install with that, or check your computer or your box the may have printed your cd key somewhere and its pending activation by you.

Even if it came pre-installed you still need to activate it. The computer will have came with your Office licenese agreement and activation key. You will need to type that in. If you dont have it call Compaq, they should be able to look it up and provide you with a new one. But calling Compaq and getting an intelligent answer is usually a challenge. You may want to call Microsoft, they are usually more helpful, and can probably get you going again.

Unless you purchased MS Office as a customized option that shows up on your invoice, I seriously doubt you have a full copy of Office. HP/Compaq loads a trial version of MSO, but that expires, and I think the only full word processing program they load on there is MS Works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom