PHYSICS Card worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
physics aren't the bottleneck yet. If you're having trouble with the Havok engine in HL2 or something, then you're GPU needs help. A physx card isn't your bottleneck. I beleive they are not needed yet because the games arent as spectacular as such to be needed. The demo videos they show certainly need them, but those aren't in games yet. The only game's that make a difference are GRAW really and that game was written by monkeys anyway.

BennyV04988 said:
physics aren't the bottleneck yet. If you're having trouble with the Havok engine in HL2 or something, then you're GPU needs help. A physx card isn't your bottleneck. I beleive they are not needed yet because the games arent as spectacular as such to be needed. The demo videos they show certainly need them, but those aren't in games yet. The only game's that make a difference are GRAW really and that game was written by monkeys anyway.

Written by monkeys.... MUAHAHA

Well said.

going by the handle...Rich Newbie...you can buy all the pointless pc add ons and not care.

Pointless pc add ons

physics cards
sound cards
"extreme" nics

Who will flame the beancurd for his sound card remark? :D

atomic tofu said:
going by the handle...Rich Newbie...you can buy all the pointless pc add ons and not care.

Pointless pc add ons

physics cards
sound cards
"extreme" nics

Who will flame the beancurd for his sound card remark? :D

i will flame you for the soundcard remark!!!! hahaha... lol
well soundcards (if you've had experience) do make a big difference (to the huge audio nut) other wise, i'll totally agree with you.. if you don't really care about music sounding great, or true surround sound in a game... don't get it...

and to the question up there about games not needing it yet.. i'll agree... have you guys seen cell factor... that will surely need it no doubt..

I think BF2142 and GRAW were both written by monkeys. In BF2142, monkeys were sitting on trees and in GRAW they were swinging from them, when programming.

uhhhhhh when you paly audio intensive games onboard can really kill you an X-Fi defenitely pays off when you can hear the sniper on the roof or behind you shooting at you from the same spot take that Terrorist(im talking CS)

I have to agree there. Onboard sound is horrid for gaming. In CS, you sometimes wont hear nades explode. If you hop into a warthog in halo, you'll only hear half the sound the engine is supposed to be making for the first 5 seconds ect.

thats why im getting a new sound card i hate it when the sound gets choppy and your wearing headphones.

in cs it can cost you big time fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom