Want to overclock but

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I downloaded everest and it says my cpu temp is 30. Wonder what is right, bio's or everest.

edit: checked the bio's and its saying 40. Its 10 hotter in the bio's.

I went up to 203mhz in the bios and upped the voltage slightly and temps went to 53 in the bios and 34 in everast. I think il get a better fan before I try and keep it overclocked. Any suggestions?

you have the rig to overclock...

thats weird to get that big of a difference in your temps, where is everest getting its temps from? it should say where on the sensor page.

also... are you sure ur cpu is s754? i thought K8N (mobo) was s939. i might be wrong

look for a hsf w/ heat pipes, they are by far the best way to cool (using air).

you may want to try reapplying your AS-5 before you decide to get a new hsf. it may be old/crusty, new (not set up completely, it takes like 100hrs+ several heat cycles to set up completely), or just not applied evenly/completely

Cheapest Heat Pipe I could find

Extremely good 3rd party reviews out for this one
^^^Lotsa heat pipes :D

My personal Fav (i have the VGA cooler that matchs but not the cpu cooler, very happy w/ it)

Scythe SCNJ-1100P and the Ninja put up slightly better heat transfer numbers than the Zalman, but i think the zalman looks way better under the hood ;) remember, these things are like 3x bigger than they look in the picture! make sure you have room for them!

u can trust my opinion, im a heat transfer engineer

theres a thermalright ultra-90 for cheaper and better cooling about $23 on the egg..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom