Need help with old computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millenniumtiger

In Runtime
I have an old (10+ years) compaq presario, but it has problems accessing the internet and the cd-rom does not work. What can I do to fix these? it's had this problem for a while, but ive never wanted to try and fix until now. If i get it working, it will just be used for downloading music.

there could be alot of problems anyone of them could be related to old hardware i say sell it for some odd change and buy a new one you can get prebuilt from many stores just for internet browsing word processing and the simple stuff.

If it were me, I'd reinstall windows and install a cd-rom that I had laying around. If this didn't fix my problem I'd part it out or sell it. It's not worth sinking any real money into an old machine like that, you can get something very cheaply at a local shop. Like this place by me sells P2 400mhz machines for $29. You'd be much better off with something like that than fiddling around with a pc this old.

Man 10+ years old... Thats like bak in 1996 woa. Dude dont bother its so old... Just buy a new one for internet and WP

I know...i just wanted to mess around with it since i have the time. I already have a better computer and im building a new one in the next 2 weeks or so (depending on how work goes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom