Wait, or buy now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im about to build a PC myself, my 6th but I think we should wait yes. Either wait til Xmas deals start popping up and build a good solid machine. OR wait until after the year is up and 2nd revisions as mentioned earlier are released and the cards get better and vista is out and all that good jazz. As much as I want to upgrade to a conroe build recently and throw a 30" apple cinema display up there. I guess I'll just hafta wait for a little while until xmas or the end of the year. DX10 and all the new snazzy stuff should be good but as always, dont get it as soon as its released, wait until they revise the bugs for sure :) always a good method when doing PC builds.

baronvongogo said:
Although Im normally a fan of buy now technology will always get better so no point in waiting etc. I do think you should wait the POWER consumption, size and unknown reliability with directx10 and vista are all factors I think are worth waiting for. At most Id wait till feb or march to see how things work out and 2rd revisions to be released.

I have noticed those underlined words in green coming up all the sudden. I really hope TF didnt resort to one of those advertising things.

generally if you buy on the bleeding edge of tech then by the day after you bought it things will havegone down in price and the moment u walk out of the shop the resale value of your computer will be drastically less than what u payed

lancec2c30 said:
I have noticed those underlined words in green coming up all the sudden. I really hope TF didnt resort to one of those advertising things.

i dont think it was TF's choice though I may be wrong. Vbulletin which powers this forum prob made that choice

edit: and to stick more to this topic, i'm a firm believer of buying now b/c technology is constantly changing, but i think right now is slightly a different case. with dx10 and vista compatibility blah blah, theres a lot of new technology thats going to be focused around these changes.

BUT, i think that that only speaks for video cards mainly with dx10. the dual cores i think will last a while. yes the new quad chips will be more powerful (AMDs more so than the intel quad) but as for buying a new comp the new mobos with faster FSB clocks are nice for OCing.

BUT -- if you plan on buying a comp right now my recommendation goes, buy reasonable power. get whatever you want for mobos/cpus/psus/soundcards/case(a full tower tho)/ram(if you OC remember you have to spend a bit more)/+everything else.

as for vid cards get a 7xxx or the ati's X and just wait around christmas or early next year to really invest.

my $0.02

I am not going to be running SLI and I am not going to overclock.

You got a 450$ ticket for a ROLLING STOP???!
That is insanity.

I think that I am going to wait a while. I am just imagining situations where these new 500$ cards that are out now are going to have some kind of a major problem somewhere along the line, patches that never really work well are released, and new versions that actually work and are more powerful are released for about 200-350$ I would be mad.

EDIT: Curse those annoying green lines!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom