PHYSICS Card worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich_Newbie

Baseband Member
ASUS PhysX P1 Card powered by AGEIA PhysX processor 128MB PCI Card

since i am planning on building my comp soon do you guys think this is worth investing in now or later down the road when more and more games will use it. I've looked into it and am wondering if it apear in more games in the near future.

it should people say that the G80 will cause the downfall of PhysX but i don't think so but you should wait i hear rumors that some PhysX card are going to be on PCI-e, for now its worth it to me since i play ROL non stop. but I'm gonna wait for PCI-e versions to come out even though i already have one

its not worth it .. and to tell u the truth .. i wont buy any part now until it is compatably with vista ..
and if u dont want to install vista and pefere xp .. also wait cuz all the part will be cheaper !!

if you play the games that support PhysX its freaking awesome especially at 32xAA but id wait for those PCI-e versions to come out if the rumors are true.otherwise if you play PhysX supported games right now i wouldn't mind getting 1

I think AGEIA PhysX card is a waste of money, because there is very few games that support physics card.

Also, don't forget that the new G80 cards can do physics calculations, so it is better to get 8800GTS instead of wasting your money on a physic card

TheEnd187 said:
8800 can not perform nearly as much physx calcultions as ageia

Who told you ? Do you have proof ?

I have to disagree with you, the nvida G80 can do physics calculations as good as AGEIA PhysX card.

8800 can not perform nearly as much physx calcultions as ageia

and............?

i'm not really in-the-know with the new elitist technology that only people with money to burn can afford but does it truly make a discernable difference to gameplay, AT ALL? i have no idea but my guess is that it doesn't. when i say discernable i mean a difference that you can detect while playing the game under standard conditions. not a stacked benchmark to prove a point and not putting it under a magnifying glass to find a flicker of difference. with dual core processors i don't really think a PPU is necessary. a second core could be instructed to be used solely for physics processing and the first would still have ample power for gaming.

i had a fried who bought one of those and it was just a waste of money and a pci slot you cant even tall the difference when playing games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom