weird beep sound an lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

dracil21

Solid State Member
weird beep sound and lag

about a month ago my computer started to make a beep sound and lag like **** (msn messanger is slow and games and internet and so on) and ive been like looking for answers for it and doing defragments and so on :D and nothing has changed like please help me.

Beeps on boot? Beeping can be a trouble code. How many beeps and when do they happen? Any errors in the event log?

i havent tryed these things yet but it like beeps all the time like beeep and then again aand to the end when i shut down the comp

I would use those programs and post back, boot into safemode after download and updating the programs to run the scans

2 ways to boot into safemode

1.# If the system is already turned off, power it on.
# If the system is already on, shutdown the system normally, wait 30 seconds, then power it back on.
# Begin tapping the F8 key every few seconds as the system boots up until the screen offering the Safe Mode option appears.
# Use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode and press the Enter key.
# The system will now boot into Safe Mode.
# On Windows XP, you may receive a prompt asking if you really want to boot into Safe Mode. Choose Yes.
# Once Windows has booted into Safe Mode, open your antivirus program using the Start | Programs menu and run a complete virus scan.

2.#

Click on Start and then Run.
#

In the text box in the Run window, type msconfig and click OK. This will open the System Configuration Utility program.

Note: Do not make changes in the System Configuration Utility other than those outlined here to avoid causing serious system issues. This utility controls a number of startup activities other than those involved with Safe Mode.
#

Click on the BOOT.INI tab located at the top of the System Configuration Utility window.
#

Check the checkbox next to /SAFEBOOT and click OK. #

You will then be prompted to either Restart, which will restart the PC immediately, or Exit Without Restart, which will close the window and allow you to restart the PC manually.
#

After the restart, the PC will automatically boot into Windows XP Safe Mode.

Note: Windows XP will continue to boot into Safe Mode until the System Configuration Utility is configured to again boot normally.

Try disconnecting a cd rom or 2 and boot. this will allow you to check if your power supply is not producing the power it should be.

(just disconnect the power to the drives.)

Boot if it works then you may need to look for a new power supply.

ok but tell me like exactly what i must do like disconnect the cd roms or dvd roms and see is it still laging ?

Not saying this will help your issue, butt it would not hurt to check.

Open the case, look at the back of the cd rom, unplug the power wire from the cd rom. (power wire = red,black,yellow ext..) (if you have 2 cd roms unplug both)
A pic of the power wire and cd rom
this may help us eliminate a power supply issue. there is a really large variety of problems that can cause this sort of behavior.

Boot computer, it may ask you to press F1 to continue.

download
MemTest 3.5
This will make sure the ram is good.

To start the DirectX Diagnostic Tool:
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type dxdiag, and then click OK.

under each tab, run the tests, if there is a problem it will show up at the bottom in the window.

Could be Heat, open the side of the case and use a house fan blowing inside the case to see if that helps. if so add more fans
is the computer dirty inside? visit radio shack and buy a can of PCB cleaner (printed circuit board cleaner)
1. unplug the computer from the wall
2.let stand for 30 minutes
3.open case
4. spray everything starting from the top to the bottom (making sure you get that cpu fan and heat sink really clean) (don't worry its safe)
5. let it dry for 30 minutes (almost evaporates immediantly).

Download
SiSoftware Sandra Lite 2007.SP1 (10.105)

It is a benchmarking, testing, and listing modules. run it use it to test. (it has several testing programs such as hard drive,memory ext..)

Well that should keep you busy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom