would like some reviews :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh0r_ty

Daemon Poster
hey all

well basically im looking at building a new system in the near future. im not a computer noob i have quite extensive knowledge includeing building my own basic phase change system tho its presently not working and it was more for the intrest of doing it once and seeing how it was than actual 24/7 sub zero temps.

as i spose that last sentance gave away im an overclocker, my goal is for my new system to be a serious oc rig. unfortunatly i have been busy with school and as such really have not been looking at tech or anything for a **** of a long time so thats why im looking for some constructive help so onto the specs

Processor: Intel Core2 duo E6300 1.86Ghz/ Allendale/ 2MB

Motherboard: well here i have hit a problem. i was looking around and it would seem to me that the best option for overclocking is the soon to be released nvidia 610chipset. 500+fsb just pwnz. but if there is another viable option id love to hear it also this will be my first intel rig so good brands ect for overclocking would be good

Grfx card: EvGA geforce 8800GTX reviews i have seen show a real dif between it and the GS as for the first time top and 2nd top grfx card from a vendor use dif cores. once more if im wrong please say so

Ram: G.Skill F2-6400CL4D-2GBPK 2GB Kit (2x1GB), PC2-6400 (800mhz), 4-4-4-12 nothing really seems to compare for price and performance and overclockability. anyone know if G.Skill still uses that brainpower pcb or was that changed in the ddr2 modules?

HDD: Seagate SATA II 16mb cach 250gig (il probebly get another for raid soon after)

Case: Thermaltake Armor w/ 430watt psu

PSU: now these have always been a weakpoint for me. would i be right taht the included 430watt psu won;t cope well with this rig overclocked? people always liked ocz so i was thinking if need be i could get OCZ 600W GameXStream Power Supply but a) is this a decent one? and b) is it nessersary

DVD: Asus DVD-RW

Floppy: got one spare

Cooling: i will be making a water cooling system for this. if anyone could tell me anywhere good in australia to buy watercooling it would be great :)

Well thnx for reading really would be appriciated if you could all help a bit :D

here is the specs you can keep your cpu
just get BFG 8800GTX Water cooled edition
Corsair dominator(These things OC like your mama used to)
also nforce680 chipsets just came out(im still waiting for the BFG Nforce680I mobo)
Cooliit systems has a cpu chiller its better thn watercolling your cpu but it takes the rear 120mm fan
Thats an ok PSU but id get more jucie if yur planning to SLI

well i don;t really want the bfg watercooled ed cos most of those pre done water blocks are pritty crap and i would breach the warrenty immidiatly anyway to A.Silver it up. for the card cos of warrenty EvGA really is my pref i like to be able to softmod/pencil (if they find any) and stuff without breaking my warrenty :)

hmm i did look at the domiators but they cost about twice as much and the gskill overclock dam well for the price. they both use micron chips just higher binned ones in the dominator :p

hmm now as for that cooling system could u by anychance give me a link or model?

and so that thermaltake u rkn can take the system overclocked? cool :) thnx

ty hmm chilled water interesting. reading a review now :)

o and the reason i like evga is that anything short of a hardmod doesn;t breach warrenty and they always seem to be some of the highest clocking cards around

EDIT: well its definitly dam good for a pre built system but dam hard to get in australia :( and would require serious customisation to get grfx card and chipset into the loop and probebly replacement of the pump :(

still its dam cool :D i had sortof stopped looking at peltiers but i spose il have to start again :p

thats what I was thinking I have a cpu freezer for my cpu but i also have their exclusve Quad GPU Chiller that came with my alienware. But i don't know if it will fit or lead or do i just plug it i will not upgrade for about 3-4 months though

thats really just for the cpu i think. in order to chill 4gpus u would need to splice the cabels (i think thats the right term :p) but then flow rates would prove a problem and so the pump would almost definitly need to be replaced. with a better pump u then might not have the water sitting in the resovoir long enough to get propperly chilled and that would mean u would need to get a new resovoir so in the end all u would be useing would be the peltiers and cpu bit :p

i know i mean i have that but i got an alienware a while ago and it came with a Quad GPU chiller and i was thinking about using my qud chiller to chill 2 BFG 8800GTX

ahh u would need new faceplates for sure but more than that im not sure. havn;t seen them sidebyside so i don;t know how similar they are sry

**** the BFG Water cooled edition

you can get the EVGA version for much cheaper and buy a really good water block of your choice for it for about the same price maybe even less.

and it doesn't void the warranty either if you change it from air to water cooling.

and EVGA comes with Dark Messiah which is a really great game that will run you 50 bucks off the shelves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom