Best Video Editing Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suicide007

In Runtime
Post your favs here.

Im looking for something, beacause im trying to get pretty heavy into video editing, but I am super-limited to the narrow capabilities of Windows Movie Maker.

I need it to be able to do blue/green screen efficts.

What is the best one out there? Ive been looking at pinnacle 10.5 Titanium. Is it any good?

ANY INPUT is appreciated. Thanks guys.

Ive tried everything and have been now working with Adobe Premiere Pro for over 4 years.

You need to know what your doing, but you can do just about anything with it. The built in filters allow you to manifest whatever your mind can dream up, but you need to know how to use and manipulate them.

Start using it, even if you cant make sense of it, play with it, and with time youll get it.

Im gonna try the demo of adobe premeire and if i like it (i will) im gonna be hard pressed to fork out the cash... Do yall know of any good identity-theft programs? lol.

Ulead is pretty good. They offer a free trial on their download good for a certain amount of time (I forget). But I tested it out and it's really good for Windows.

Although my favorite is iMovie on a Mac, it's free on the Mac and is amazing. But for Windows, Ulead is very user friendly and pretty powerfull too.

Ulead video studio
http://www.ulead.com/vs/runme.htm

Ulead dvd movie factory
http://www.ulead.com/dmf/runme.htm

Test them out, they're free to try

The only decent free video editing software I think is out there right now is Virtualdub.

Premiere is probably what you're looking for, it's high-end consumer, low-end professional editing. There's also Premiere Elements which is a little more user-friendly, and less expensive of course.

If you're looking into doing it seriously, the movie industry uses Avid and to some extent Final Cut Pro. Keep in mind these are professional-level programs with a steep learning curve.

Ive got the demo of adobe premeire pro and it kicks butt. but in a few weeks its gonna be gone. Ill look into avid and maybe some others, but theyre just so expensive. grrr..... o well. Im getting a job again this summer, and ill save up and get something nice. Thanks for all your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom