tape drive installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes,that's the point.but the case is that
the tape was umounted from a IBM server,I have no inforamtion about the IBM server,nor any software ,manual came with the Server.

xutoa said:
yes,that's the point.but the case is that
the tape was umounted from a IBM server,I have no inforamtion about the IBM server,nor any software ,manual came with the Server.

The tape drive has to have a brand name on it somewhere..

xutoa said:
what is firmware?

Thats physical programming on the drives memory itself. Things like burners and tape drives may have upgradable firmware, like the bios on your computer motherboard..

xutoa said:
and the device(tape)appears as a cdrom in"My computer".
does this mean I've connected my tape drive to my scsi adapter correctly.and the tape is only scsi device in my computer.
the problem is that I can not acess this CDRom,
i am a baby in installing a tape drive or scsi device.
any help?

OK....

Normally this issue is caused when you have a SCSI ID Conflict. Since you dont have any other devices, make sure the Tape Drive is not using the same SCSI ID as the SCSI Adaptor.

Once you determine that the SCSI ID is setup properly, we can go on to step two.

Go to the Seagate site and download the latest drivers for your tape drive.

The rest really depends on what OS you are running.

What Operating System do you have?

Let us know and we can take it from there.

My os is windows2k advanced server.and it seems that my os did not detect any new hardware as a tape ,or a unknow device.
just a msg from system proterty console.
saying"Generic DVD-ROM SCSI CdRom Device"
and the driver I downloaded from it's website appears to be a tiny-size one that contains few bytes.
stdatw2k.inf
stdatw2k.cat
stdatw2k.sys

does these work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom