ram2

Status
Not open for further replies.

galant_mod

In Runtime
alright.decided to post a new but same issue on ram here because the previous one is pretty far away.sorry yea.can some one tell me how am i suppose to solve my problem.i have 2x pc(2700)(333mhz)256ram.my mobo manual specifies that i run ddr266 ram up to 2 gig.should i get em so that i can overclock higher?i was wondering why having 333mhz ram and yet i cant overclock.the ram is higher and shuld be able to do it.please enlighten me.....

it's probably set up to run a pseudo DDR333. in other words the memory is running at 166MHz (DDR333) even though the processor's FSB means it's only really running at 133MHz (DDR266). i've seen many motherboards do this, it makes the memory unstable if you overclock because you think it is running underclocked when it isn't :). look for a setting that will allow it to run DDR266 for certain at stock speed.

sorry nitestick.still unable to catch what you are trying to say.i cant change my ram frequency(very basic mobo) i think.i can only change when i increase my fsb.they are on 1:1.i cannot change the ratio too:(so will having ddr266 rams help me in overclock more?so i take it i cant overclock anymore?

Well, if the memory divider is locked at 1:1, then your DDR333 memory has actually downclocked to DDR266 (try CPU-Z to confirm this).

At 1:1, memory and FSB must run at the same speed. With this memory you should be able to push the FSB all the way to 166MHz (DDR333) with no problems, since the memory is rated to run at this speed. However another component might be limiting your overclock.

just checked using cpu-z.frequency of ram to cpu is 1:1...cpu and ram frequency are both 136MHz.so what is limiting me?

galant_mod said:
just checked using cpu-z.frequency of ram to cpu is 1:1...cpu and ram frequency are both 136MHz.so what is limiting me?

As I suspected. Your ram still has plenty of room to "overclock", since it hasn't been pushed to its rated specs yet (the FSB is limiting it).

Can you describe exactly what overclocking steps you have performed? What did have you changed?

erm..okay.i've raised only my fsb.from 133-139 and it is not stable so i reduce it to 136 for now and dozen feel the kick.cpu is at 2.7GHz.even tried loosening my memory timings but still unstable.ram clock is now by spd and there is only one option which is 133mhz.ram timings are at 2-3-3-6 for now

galant_mod said:
erm..okay.i've raised only my fsb.from 133-139 and it is not stable

That's a minimal increase, it should be stable. Have you checked your temperatures? If they're ok, then you might need to up the voltage a little bit. Just a small increase.

yea.my temps are fine and my vcore are around 1.5-1.52.so it shulden matter right?and there is no way for me to up it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom