Opinion Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

jainischalverma

Solid State Member
I am new to the forums. So Hi to everyone.

I recently upgraded my Mobo/Ram/CPU but kept my graphics card to what it was.

Here is my config :

Mobo : ASUS PW5 DH Deluxe
Processor : Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo
GPU : ATI X850 XT Platinum Edition
RAM : Corsair 2 GB 667 MHz
HDD : 200 GB Sata

Now, guys please tell me how you like this configuration ?

Secondly, I would be venturing into overclocking the CPU for the first time. So I need help guys. What are the best ways to overclock the CPU.

Umm.. actually, I had gone way over budget when I bought the mobo. LOL! so I settled for this.

So give me few basic rules to overclock the puppy thats known as conroe.

Please dont give me links or guides.. just quick tips.

**** i hate to double post but my living room comp has an overclock utility it sucks though its on a biostar mobo

gfx card is a lil dated but .. ocing look in the ocing forum here to get an idea of what it is and how to go about it .... but solid build non the lesss

The gfx card maybe old but it still rocks. I am sure you being a techie know that. This card is still a beast. I play everything on high.

Ok, regarding the OC'ing thing, I did read but lot of stuff was too technical. If you could hand out some quick tips.. like in steps.. You would rule :)

lol not dissing the card .. jsut stating the facts.... ok ... from my knowledge 2 ways up the fsb or the mutliplier.... and then if you get BSoD then you add a lil voltage.. and so on and so forth until the stystem becomes unstable then back off aliltle and your sett! Ocing in a nutshell... but you will need to understand the working off it ... some times work it out on paper and its easy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom