Dual screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pomx72.old

Baseband Member
extended desktop help needed

I was at my friends house and he has a monitor connected to his pc. He can scroll from screen to screen. I connected another monitor to my laptop and i see duplicate to what is on my laptop screen. I read around to see if i could do that on my laptop. Iv come to the conclusion that i need to have a pc in order to do it. I dont know much about computers. I was hoping maybe you guys know a way for me to somehow be able to do it?I have a compaq presario 2700 yeah its pretty old ^__^

go to properties, then settings, then there will be 2 boxes one with a 1 and the other with a 2, click on screen 2, now right on top of the button named identity there is a little box and says extend windows monitor into this monitor, check that box and next click apply then ok.

hope this helps.

You need a PC with 2 video output connectors on it. meaning 2 DVI's, 2 VGA's, or one of each. with that, you can enable dual monitors with whatever videocard drivers you use.

Spliters dont' work, and hooking up a monitor to a laptop is a dead end because all it does is re-route the signal through that instead of the laptop screen or just mirrors it.

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
You need a PC with 2 video output connectors on it. meaning 2 DVI's, 2 VGA's, or one of each. with that, you can enable dual monitors with whatever videocard drivers you use.

Spliters dont' work, and hooking up a monitor to a laptop is a dead end because all it does is re-route the signal through that instead of the laptop screen or just mirrors it.

if it was a pc yes, but he has a laptop , my laptop only has one video output and i can do it with mine.

Does your laptop have a graphics card if so you should have either a catalyst control center or a nvidia desktop manager. In the control panel for ur gpu you should have the option to either clone, extend or make a new screen with the extra monitor. Hope this helps , if you would post specifics about the make and model of the laptop you would get better answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom