QX6700 vs. X6800

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can likely overclock the QX6700 to above X6800 speeds.

Between the two, you probably are not going to notice much of a difference in performance.

Personally, if I were you (and judging by your other thread have expendable money), I'd get the QX. Once overclocked, it will get no worse performance than the 6800, so why not?

very true. Also what is the best type of monitor to dual distplay if i wanted them to be the same size and not spend too much like 19".

I have been able to find much nicer LCDs locally than I have been able to on Newegg.

I prefer LCDs from Samsung and LG. Look for a monitor with 8ms or less for response time and 1000:1 or higher contrast ratio.

yeaaaaah

alright I think X6800 would do fine... well if your usin it for gamin go with the Core 2 Extreme... because for the momment none of the games out there will work with quad core yet... I think you would get good performance with the core 2... use the extra cash and get a water cooling :)... over clock that CPU and you be flying lol.. anyways but if you have the money go Quad core... later on the year 2007 am sure they will make games that will use quad core :)... well thats what I think so far...

yea i figure if i go quad-core i wont have to worry about over clocking it any time soon wich is what was appealing to me since im lazy and love putting things off. someone told me if i wasnt familiar with water cooling to not go with it, but i plan on getting the quad and eventually over clocking it so i might just have to.
speaking of beaing lazy someone find me 2 good 19" monitors to dual it up for a fair price and i'll love you forever :).

personally i'd wait for the q6600 to hit. sounds like it's to be the perfect price point just like it's counterpart the e6600. i've seen some reviews by an australian overclocker who got an ES (Engineering Sample) and they seem quite impressive!!!

unfortunately though i don't think you can get your hands on one until about January at the earliest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom