Wait, or buy now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
General, feel like playing Devils Advocate today?
Dante, if you hold off now, something great is coming out around the corner, and if you wait on that, something else will be around the corner...
Something great will always come out once you buy something, just get what is good today and be happy with it.
The 8800 will play any video game in existence this year, and any game that comes out next year.

I am just worried that it will go down about half then I will be quite mad. I am also worried that the newest versions of the 8800's will have bugs with DX10 right away, as well as driver issuses. I have also had issues with the last EVGA motherboard I bought and I am unsure if I want to buy from EVGA again...

Although Im normally a fan of buy now technology will always get better so no point in waiting etc. I do think you should wait the power consumption, size and unknown reliability with directx10 and vista are all factors I think are worth waiting for. At most Id wait till feb or march to see how things work out and 2rd revisions to be released.

I was going to build a machine around the e6600 and the new 8800 series cards, then I got a $450 ticket for a rolling stop...

Darn pigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom