Sapphire X1900XT Clocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preacher

Fully Optimized
hey guys, up until now every game i put on ultra high works like a charm until Dark Messiah came along. When i up the particle density and texture to rich from fast it lags out...

So I thought it cant be my RAM (Just upgraded to 2GB)

So i noticed the clocks on my VGA weren't that high compared to everyone benchmarks here. My card runs on 500 hertz VPU and 595 Memory hertz and from what i see thats a little low. What will happen if i increase the clocks and is it safe with stock cooling.... (IDK if i can up the voltages because my motherboard cannot overclock. My specs are in my sig.

Please give me your thoughts.

Thanks Preacher!

huh... im on 648/747 how is that 1440 i am a real noob at OC well actually this is my first OC used it through catalyst OC manager.
Nos please teach me the basics.... and rules etc.

multiply the 747 by 2, and thats the true efficient clock speed, keep in mind ddr means double data rate (or something like that), so regular speed is 747, but since its a ddr, just multiply that by 2

ooo ok so i multi the clock and the memory cool.... ill run more tests tomorrow but ill OC when i have to cause i want my card at 40c on idle :)

Preacher said:
ooo ok so i multi the clock and the memory cool.... ill run more tests tomorrow but ill OC when i have to cause i want my card at 40c on idle :)

no don't multiply the core, only the memory is multiplied by 2

and as for the remark about no lagging... i'll agree leave aa at 2 and af at 2 possibly 4

and its reasonable the game lags.. its seriously horribly coded... worst i've ever seen, worse than oblivion.... to play max quality it takes 600 some odd mb's of video memory....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom