Just finished building...possible problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, this MB and PS do have (should have as far as I know) fail-safes built into it to prevent damage in the event something over heats or shorts out. Wouldn't this cause it to NOT fry anything in the event this happened?

I wish I was at home sitting in front of the comp right now so I could try this stuff out.

Well, it is possible that the heat triggered a shutdown you would have to check that out.

Let us know how things go after you try all of these good suggestions.

Time for the Bonehead of the year award!!!

First let me say thank you to all of you for your help, now...

I am 99% sure that I figured out the problem and will let you all know 100% for sure after I get home to deal with it.

This is the first time that I have used an SATA HD. In my ignorance and rush to get things done i believe that I hooked up the SATA power lead as well as the normal ATA lead. This will be easy enough to figure out after I get home.

What so you all think the Worst Case senario will be for this. I think that the PS shut itself down before anything was damaged (like it is supposed to) but I will keep you all up to date.

Bad new...Good news...Bad news.

Bad news is it was NOT the problem with having both power leads hooked to the HD.

Good news is the MB and RAM and eveything else seems okay.

Bad news is that the PS is the culprit. I hooked up an old 300W PS i had with it and it powered on just fine. So looks like it's back to Newegg for the PS and hopefully they will have a speedy turn around time for me.

That is kind of what I am thinking now. I can get an ANTEC True Power 430w from a friend of mine who works for a local store for about $75. I may just do that and use the Enermax on my wifes system when I get it back from RMA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom