My Opty's Arrived!! Woo-Hoo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The General said:
Are they used or something? Why'd you get an Opteron?

Huh? The mobo was £37 and the Opty was £60. Less than £100 for an upgrade from an XP 2600+ to a CPU that's turned out to better an FX-55, and a mobo I can use my AGP card with?

I fail to see the problem....

b0dge said:
Hmmm, It's already at 1.45 in the BIOS (in the pic it's 1.472v)

I was wondering if it was gonna be stable, so i ran Prime95 for about twenty mins, and it was ok. ( I know, i should run it for 24 hours....)

Also, my 6800 won't oc anywhere near as much as it did before i changed the cpu and mobo, any ideas why? I'm still using coolbits to do it, but it wont go much above stock (450mhz)...

EDIT: Ah, I see you spotted the Vcore in the pic! Do you still think the 1m Pi time should be better though?

Yeah sorry for jumping at you.

Yes well becuase RAM speed makes a big part in Super Pi time.

Is the FSB/RAM set to 1:1 ? if not what divider are you running?

The RAM is locked at 200(400)Mhz as far as I can see. It's only Corsair value select, so I don't want to take it through the roof. It might go up a bit though...

PS. I'm running Prime95 right now @ 2.9Ghz!! Seems ok so far!

CAB2E Steppings FTW!!

ya.. your super pi is where it should be then.... i managed 28.8 seconds or something like that with my 146@ 2.9X GHZ with my ram at ddr5XX i don't really remember.. lol, it was so long ago!

NosBoost300 said:
i've had value ram from a compaq run ddr500.. i think you can do it.. i say you give it a try.. time for a sig update?

Definatly time for a sig update! But right now I'm too busy overclocking to wory about things like that!

I'm still running Prime95 at the mo, so i'll try the RAM in a bit, and let you know.

Hey, thanks nitestick, I appreciate a well-informed correction! It's always good to understand what you're (I'm) talking about!!

Right, where's that BIOS....

NosBoost300 said:
i've had value ram from a compaq run ddr500.. i think you can do it.. i say you give it a try.. time for a sig update?

What the?

If your lucky and have REALLY nice PC3200, you can get 240 MHz max.

Weird.

i think i still have a picture of it in my photobucket, lemme grab that

alright... nevermind... i guess it was just saved on my old hard drive :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom